The normal mode you will probably come across uses a countdown timer that, when it reaches zero, will block you from using that website. I will refer to this mode as “Timer Mode”. When Timer Mode is activated, Stay Focused deploys a menacing red eye in your extensions bar to let you know that time is running out. I found that Timer Mode, which simply uses a timer, will help me the most in my work.
![]() |
| An Artist's Interpretation of Nuclear Mode Exploding Over Procrastination City Image from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKeBM5LeT20 |
Another interesting aspect of the Stay Focused extension is its resistance to change its functions in its settings menu. Once a change is made, one must wait at least 24 hours to undo said change. This blocks those who desire to flee back to their evil ways of procrastination.
In reflection I found that I am quite confident in my ability to concentrate on my work, and I do not believe that this extension is what I need. This extension also does not affect out of browser distractions like cell phones, or any other browsers you might have on your device. To expect Stay Focused to do that, though, is quite much. One extension can only have so much power. The other discipline has to come from yourself.

No comments:
Post a Comment